VitalBriefing, Freelance Writers with French and German Language Skills
VitalBriefing, a global, Luxembourg-based digital media company creating curated business-related news, thought leadership and other digital content, is hiring freelance writers especially with a good knowledge of BOTH French AND German to work from home on a range of products and services covering various subject areas and industry verticals. A good understanding of the financial industry is a key advantage.
We offer steady contract work, with room to grow with the company.
We provide clients throughout the world with multiple tiers of content including:
- Daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly curated news summaries for internal and external use.
- Business intelligence, competitor monitoring reports, in-depth studies, thought leadership and other content for corporate publications, websites and social media.
In addition to writers in European time zones for a demanding financial sector audience, we also seek writers available to work on a daily basis, including weekends, between 05:00 and 09:00 CET. This work might suit candidates with French and German skills as well as financial sector knowledge based in other time zones, particularly Asia, Australia, New Zealand and on the US West Coast.
Candidates should demonstrate an ability to write clear and concise English, sharp editing skills, and readiness to follow style requirements that may vary according to the client. Ability to understand background materials and content in other languages, in addition to French and German, is especially welcome.
Overall, successful candidates will display a good understanding of banking and finance, business and technology, and a willingness to learn quickly about unfamiliar aspects and topics. A background in business reporting and editing, particularly in synthesising large and diverse quantities of information, is also a plus, as is experience at business and general news wire services.
Being comfortable learning, using and customising online search technology and our proprietary content platform will boost candidates' appeal.
Successful candidates will be highly reliable self-starters who work quickly and efficiently, and can:
- Get up to speed with new topics and fields.
- Synthesise information from a variety of sources.
- Comfortable quickly scanning and filtering information in German and French.
- Ability to identify business-critical news and developments.
- Combine brevity with readability and avoid jargon.
- Make every word count for audiences of time-pressured professionals who rely on our information for its conciseness, depth, accuracy and relevance.
- Adjust writing tone and voice for multiple professional and non-professional audiences.
- Demonstrate reliability in meeting fixed deadlines.
- Welcome working with a dynamic high-powered editorial team in a fast-paced and good-humoured business environment.
When responding, please include your CV and where possible URLs for your LinkedIn profile and/or personal web site. References are also welcome.
To apply, or for further information, please complete the application form below.
Apply for VitalBriefing, Freelance Writers with French and German Language Skills
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly