Breaking News Reporter, Newsweek - NY
We’re expanding our team of front-line general assignment reporters covering general news, politics and entertainment. Newsweek is looking for two fast, digitally-savvy and nimble writers to join a growing breaking news group in New York.
The ideal candidate is an ambitious and well rounded journalist who is comfortable juggling multiple tasks under intense deadline pressure. We are looking for someone who is hungry to break news and eager to tackle the day’s biggest developments. The candidate should be able to report and write quickly and succinctly in different formats. A knack for spotting trends on the internet, culture, entertainment, politics and national news is a must.
Key attributes, experience & skills:
- Two-plus years of reporting experience
- Familiar with best practices in SEO, social media
- Deep paranoia over not getting beat by the competition
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S.
Please send all applications by completing the application form below.