Science Writer, Newsweek - NY
Newsweek seeks two science journalists to report and write news and feature articles covering a range of topics.
The writer will be responsible for identifying newsworthy studies and other advances; following breaking news relevant to science and health; reporting and writing frequently on many subjects; developing a deep well of sources; generating ideas for presenting data and other information in creative ways; and working as part of a larger science and health team to ensure thorough, rigorous and broad coverage.
The ideal candidate has an advanced degree in science journalism or the equivalent background, with 0 to 3 years of reporting experience. Must be dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of science journalism, and be able to keep those standards while working in a fast-paced news environment. Stories will be for the Newsweek website and magazine and will vary in length and lead time.
- Science journalism training through an advanced degree program or equivalent
- 0 to 3 years of experience
- Undergraduate degree in science or journalism
- Basic familiarity with WordPress, fluidity with using social media, and understanding of SEO
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits.
Please send all applications by completing the application form below.