Account Supervisor - Cities & Real Estate, BerlinRosen - NYC
BerlinRosen, a leading national strategic communications firm, is seeking an Account Supervisor to help our rapidly growing Real Estate practice meet a wide range of communications and public relations goals for our real estate, economic development, hospitality, architecture and design clients who are shaping the future and landscapes of major cities across the U.S. - like New York, Los Angeles - and beyond.
The position is ideal for dynamic candidates with 4-6 years of relevant experience in strategic communications, journalism, real estate and government. Excellent writing skills and media relations experience are a must. The position is based in New York.
This position provides candidates with a unique opportunity to join a talented and growing team working on some of the most high-profile development projects of our time, including the redevelopment of the iconic Domino Sugar Factory, the development of One Vanderbilt (New York's second tallest building), the build-out of Pacific Park Brooklyn and the creation of the TWA Hotel at JFK Airport.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Working with team leadership to develop the communications strategy for multiple high-profile client accounts while mentoring junior team members responsible for implementation
- Managing relationships with key reporters and advising other staff on the best way to engage with relevant beat reporters
- Writing and editing persuasive external and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos, and communications plans
Applicants should possess:
- Strong project and client management skills in a PR and/or media environment
- Familiarity and interest in real estate, economic development, architecture and/or development politics
- Demonstrated relationships with reporters at top-tier outlets, including real estate and architecture reporters and editors
- Baseline knowledge of New York City real estate industry and/or land use frameworks
- Experience managing media engagement for both rapid response and long lead stories;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with varying levels of staff, clients and the media
- Experience in a communications-related field
- A sense of humor!
Additional skills that are not required but will help you stand out as a candidate:
- Proven ability to produce sharp, engaging writing for speeches and presentations;
- Proven ability to manage crisis situations;
- Experience writing for the web (website copy, social media posts, articles, etc.);
- Experience with the basic concepts of digital marketing, including organic and paid social media strategies;
- Written and spoken fluency in Spanish.
We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognize that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
Opportunities for advancement exist, and our client is committed to helping all staff develop and grow. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Click 'Apply' now.