Property Industry Eye, News Journalist / Editor
We are an established, award-winning, online daily news publication for the residential property industry and a market place for suppliers of goods and services to the sector.
Effective news gathering lies at the heart of our trade publication and we now want to find someone who, in a relatively short period of time will be in a position to succeed our current, highly-respected editor / journalist, Rosalind Renshaw – who will become editorial director.
This is a wonderful, genuinely unique, opportunity to become the leading ‘voice of the industry’ but, make no mistake, it will take an exceptional person to fulfil the exacting demands of the role.
We have had candidates in the recent past looking great on paper but not quite getting what we are about, so to save your time and ours here are a few things to be really clear about before you decide to apply:
- Take a good look at the content and style of our editorial at www.propertyindustryeye.com
- Note that the publication is industry-facing, not consumer-facing. ‘I like property’ is not a suitable qualification.
- A highly-competent news journalist, not a feature-writer.
- A hands-on news gatherer, not a commissioning editor.
- A journalist who is interested, willing, and able to get under the skin of the industry, understand in detail how it functions, develop great contacts, and dig out the meaty news – every day. We don’t need someone who relies on rehashing press releases.
We’ll give all the help we can but you will need to be an exceptionally talented and motivated self-starter who can work on their own, and on their own initiative.
This is a home-based role and the hours are flexible – so long as the daily news is found and produced. Being able to demonstrate successful experience of home-working, preferably whilst working on a trade publication, would be an advantage.
- Move swiftly into overall production of daily editorial content.
- Help develop innovative editorial content and style.
- Write 6 - 10 news stories a day for the Monday – Friday publications.
- Breaking important news within minutes
- Covering conferences and industry events
- Liasing with contributors
- Proofing/subbing all copy
- Using online system to schedule copy for publication
- Ensuring continuing editorial coverage during holiday/sickness
- If you are up to the task the financial rewards are generous and the job satisfaction limitless.
- Email your C.V.
- Send/link three recent examples of your news-orientated work – not features.
- And in no more than 250 words tell us why we should interview you for the role.
Apply by completing the application form below.