Analyst, Transparentem - NY / DC
Transparentem is a discreet, non-profit unit that adopts frontline investigative reporting and forensic methods in compliance with international ethical standards and domestic laws to illuminate supply chains and spur eradication of human and environmental abuses.
A public service initiative, Transparentem is a sentinel, not a saboteur, to industries at inflection points. The unit believes that securing and improving the lives and environments of workers at all tiers of off-shored industry must start with independent, methodical inquiry.
We are seeking an analyst to join our investigative team, which works to develop detailed, fact-based reports tracing human trafficking, child labor, slave labor, worker abuses, and environmental degradation throughout manufacturing supply chains.
The analysts gather information and shape Transparentem’s investigations, drawing from a broad network of inputs including: public sources and pay-walled databases, shipping records, foreign media, and auditor/regulator reports, as well as documents, recordings, notes, and other information provided by field investigators. They help identify when and how the unit should retain external consultants to expand its knowledge.
The analyst will report to the Director of Investigations.
What We’re Looking For:
This is a challenging role that requires total discretion, as well as strong investigative, analytical, and organizational skills. We are looking for individuals with:
- 3-5 years of experience in an investigative, and/or analytical role
- A solid grounding in human rights, labor, and/or environmental issues
- Experience in supply chain tracking and analysis (through shipping records, bills of lading, data bases, industry sources, etc.)
- Experience in requesting and obtaining public records, preferably both within in the U.S. and internationally
- Experience in developing sources on a range of subjects
- Familiarity with an array of financial records, database systems, and relationship mapping software
- A quiet, disciplined approach to sensitive information and rigorous protection of vulnerable sources
- A track record of writing for a wide audience
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to work autonomously
- A strong sense of mission
- Unimpeachable integrity
- Masters degree or equivalent experience
- Fluency in English required; proficiency in one or more critical languages preferred
- US work authorization required
Transparentem is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Please send a resume and cover letter by completing the application form below.