US Entertainment Writer, The Independent - NY
The Independent is recruiting for a position in its New York office, to work on the growing Culture section.
The title is now America’s sixth-biggest “digital newspaper” in the ComScore rankings, and has staff in Washington and San Francisco as well as the main office near Union Square in Manhattan.
The US team works closely with the London office to create a global editorial offering across news, comment, culture, lifestyle and beyond.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate experience and attributes including:
- A diverse interest in a range of entertainment topics, from movies to music, Broadway and visual arts
- The confidence and ability to cover general breaking news whenever the need arises
- A strong visual sense and an ability to work with images
- Experience of making video, with a basic ability to capture footage using a smartphone or SLR
- Experience using a web CMS for online publishing
- A flair for social media
- A basic understanding of SEO
- Experience using analytics platforms
The Independent has a strong team ethos and a commitment to the constant improvement and progression of staff.
Please send five off-diary story ideas along with your résumé, and state clearly your salary expectation and areas of particular expertise or interest by completing the application form below by Friday October 27 2017.