Politics Editor, Newsweek - NY / DC
Newsweek is looking for an experienced, digitally-savvy editor in New York or Washington to steer our politics and national security coverage, including news, analysis and features.
This is primarily a digital position, but there are plenty of opportunities to edit and write for the magazine. The ideal candidate is obsessed with politics, understands how Washington works and is determined to find big audiences for our award-winning journalism.
- Assigning and editing daily stories and features on politics and national security for the web and print
- Managing a team of up to 15 writers in Washington, California and New York
- Writing SEO and social-friendly headlines
- Coordinating with editors in New York, London and Los Angeles to avoid overlap and assure quality coverage
- Cultivating a network of freelancers to help with the web and magazine
- Working with magazine editors on story ideas and assignments
- Communicating with our video, photo and social media teams to ensure robust multimedia offerings and widespread distribution
- Planning long term coverage, including events such as elections and debates that often take place during off hours
Must have 5 to 10 years relevant experience.
Apply by completing the application form below.