Archant, Editorial Assistant - Lifestyle Magazines & Content Hub
The role of Editorial Assistant requires a Journalist (possibly newly or recently qualified) with knowledge and interest in magazines, digital and social media.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a writer to join a team that thrives on enthusiasm and excellence.
You will be working and mentored as part of a tight-knit, experienced, highly-motivated and skilled group of journalists where hard work and job satisfaction are paramount. This is a great opportunity to learn on the job and contribute to some fantastic titles.
The Editorial Assistant is responsible for administrative requirements of the magazine portfolio and all associated products, you will assist in all aspects of magazine production and assist the editorial team.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Researching and writing feature articles for the magazines and websites.
- Contributor correspondence.
- Liaison between accounts and contributors re: payments for photos and articles.
- Picture research.
- Keeping archive up-to-date with copies of current issues.
- Uploading online content, developing ideas for the magazine and its website, and associated brand extensions.
- Engaging in social media for brand promotion.
- Undertaking social media.
- Attending events on behalf of the Resident brand.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Understanding of current production techniques in a specialist magazine environment.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the laws relating to journalism.
- Good understanding of the London market.
To be successful you must have completed a general education (to A-level or equivalent), and ideally hold an NCTJ preliminary certificate in Journalism, or NCE in Journalism/Media. Additionally, or alternatively, you will have relevant experience in an editorial, marketing and digital environment.
In return, Archant offers a competitive salary, pension scheme, five weeks’ annual leave and other benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and completed application by completing the application form below.
The closing date for receiving completed applications is 22 December 2017.
Interviews will take place in early/mid December 2017 and only those successful will be contacted.