Columnist, The Wall Street Journal - CA
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Are you a journalist obsessed with how technology serves-and disturbs-your life? Are you open-minded and curious, yet skeptical and protective of your time, money and privacy? Can you review products and services in ways that draw people in and help them make smart choices?
The Wall Street Journal's Personal Tech team is seeking a columnist who is well versed in today's most vital tech topics, from smartphones and social networks to security and privacy, and who can translate that knowledge into reviews that delight and deliver for readers.
You should have a keen sense of what's genuinely useful innovation and what's just hype, and which new products are worthy of attention. We'll count on you to be creative about guiding our readers to good decisions, and that includes the way you reach them, whether it's through video, live presentations or other formats aimed at a mobile audience.
Personal Tech is one of the most popular coverage areas at the Journal, with a superstar team, and we're looking for someone to join us as we expand even further.
Essential Job Functions
- Produce regular columns on a range of Personal Technology topics, including product reviews, how-to tutorials and other service-y smart takes.
- Conceive of and appear in videos accompanying columns, as well as other news-based videos.
- Explain complicated and often frustrating tech topics in a way that is authoritative, engaging and easy to understand.
- Keep up with the complex security and privacy issues that are becoming core to digital life.
- Discover promising yet unsung products and technologies, particularly ones that represent emerging trends.
- Work closely with the Personal Tech editor and other colleagues in the group to develop new projects and methods to tell stories and reach audiences, using graphics and animations as well as emerging technologies such as augmented reality.
- Help plan and appear on stage at Journal tech conferences.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience covering technology, and examples of writing and video that demonstrate a strong and distinctive voice as well as deep knowledge of products and services.
Equal Opportunity Employer:All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Click 'Apply' now.