Editor-in-Chief, ShortList - Dubai
We are looking for an Editor-in-Chief to join the ShortList team!
- Responsible for the overall production, execution and management of ShortList’s print, digital and application products
- In conjunction with the Publishing Director, develop overall brand strategy
- Liaising with stakeholders to ensure content reflects needs and requirements of the city.
- Plan, write, commission, edit and proof content
- Work with the publisher to ensure ALL content reflects ShortList’s overall editorial strategy and meets brand guidelines
- Determine what medium is best suited for a particular content piece and work with internal and/or external writers, producers, designers, photographers, videographers, illustrators, product managers, etc. to make it live on deadline and on budget.
- Ensure ShortList’s editorial standards are met, all relevant copyrights have been cleared, content is optimised for SEO and content meets local and legal guidelines.
- Regularly post content, which may include sponsored or offer based content, to social media.
- Work with video team to create successful video content relevant to your product
- Create content that meets individual and team goals (e.g., engagement, traffic, conversion, time-on page, etc.).
- Work with a small, but talented editorial and content team to create an editorial calendar. Keep it current, identifying commercial and audience opportunities within it and communicating them to other teams.
- Support the sales team by being the editorial face of ShortList, by supporting and helping to develop revenue-generating content strategies and establishing good relationships PRs.
- Have your finger on the pulse of the local scene; use your professional contacts and social-media networks to be the first to identify the next big thing.
- Embrace ShortList’s digital-first philosophy. A strong background in digital publishing is absolutely essential.
- Act as an effective brand ambassador for ShortList and an evangelist for our brand in the market.
- Meet individual weekly content volume targets as agreed with your manager (e.g., new posts, updated posts, new listings, updated listings, etc.).
- Undertake reviews outside of office hours.
- Drive and develop Shortlist’s annual event properties
- Assisting in raising the profile of ShortList and ITP Media Group
Personal attributes and essential skills
- Demonstrated desire to build great products and a market-leading business
- A clear understanding of the financial and functional dynamics of a media business.
- Clear ability to collaborate across business functions and with external parties.
- Excellent grasp and understanding of SEO best practice.
- Ability to articulate and repackage existing content so it works across print, digital and social
- A demonstrable passion for and excellent knowledge of content creation
- Highest standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise accordingly.
- Experience writing tight briefs for external contributors.
- The ability to write copy in line with highest digital editorial standards.
- The ability to work quickly to tight deadlines under pressure.
- A strong industry reputation.
- Flexibility and a professional approach at all times.
- The ability to self-supervise in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in and contribute to a fun and dynamic team-based environment.
We are looking for an experienced individual who is fluent in English and educated to degree level or with an equivalent industry qualification.
Please apply now with a covering letter and your CV by completing the application form below.