Express.co.uk, News Reporter
Status: Casual / Freelance
Experienced News Reporters wanted to join Britain's fastest-growing national newspaper website.
We are after dynamic, self-starting journalists capable of working to tight deadlines in our busy online newsroom.
Applicants will deliver vibrant copy and will have a track record of finding exclusive stories for a national and global readership.
Candidates must be social media savvy, SEO-conversant and be able to turn their hand to all types of news, both at home and abroad. Experience on a national title and/or in a digital news environment would be useful.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding digital news operation in our London HQ.
- Generate and cover day-to-day news, ensuring that the focus is always on the site’s most-searchable stories
- Show an understanding of the website’s key content and ensure a steady flow of copy around these issues
- Use your bulging contacts book and to pull in exclusive interviews and news stories
- Push content via Facebook and Twitter, in accordance with the digital social media policy
- Optimise stories in accordance with the digital SEO strategy
- Be able to react quickly to breaking news stories
- Identify unique angles for stories
- Write and edit in accordance with digital house style
- Read all the other competitor sites and form a thorough knowledge of the content
- Monitor Twitter for breaking or social content
Key skills and experience:
- Experienced digital journalist with an NCTJ qualification and with knowledge of CMS, Photoshop and Google Analytics.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, multitask, forward plan, and develop relationships with contacts.
- Have a good knowledge of SEO
- Professional understanding of journalism law.
- Scrupulous attention to detail and developments in the news.
- Flexible approach to working hours including weekends and late shifts.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position please e-mail your CV with a covering letter to by completing the application form below.