Managing Editor - The Employee Benefit Adviser, SourceMedia - NY / VA
The Employee Benefit Adviser (EBA) group of SourceMedia is the leading information resource for employee benefit advisers, brokers, agents and consultants.
As one of the most important beats in b-to-b affecting millions of working Americans, the benefits broker community relies on EBA to stay connected, through our website comment forums, our social media communities, and live events.
Our team is currently seeking a Managing Editor to master the subject of employee benefits and employee benefits advising as they will be called upon to serve as our subject matter expert - moderating web seminars, writing research reports and moderating panels at EBA's live events.
The ideal candidate must have strong reporting, writing and editing abilities. They must be able to break news, analyze trends and generate compelling story ideas.
Responsibilities include delivering daily online stories as well as a number of longer, feature articles each month for both the website and print publication. Additionally, the ideal candidate will help update/maintain the EBA website, which includes posting, art selection and chart creation.
Role Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Staying abreast of important developments in market served.
- Producing feature articles, news stories and shorter news items -- with minimal supervision -- for newsletters, the website and the magazine; approximately 3-5 articles per week.
- Proofing print pages during bimonthly production.
- Maintaining relations with a variety of EBA sources and cultivating new ones.
- Coordinating, with other staff members, the posting of news items and articles to the web.
- Edit/copyedit stories from staffers, freelancers and contributors.
- Assist the EiC in coordinating editorial contributors and working with the SourceMedia art department during print production.
- Posting content to the website and overseeing the distribution of daily newsletters.
- Attending industry conferences, as needed.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years journalism experience
- Solid reporting and editing skills
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Proficiency with AP Style
- College degree in journalism, English or related field
- Previous business media experience a plus
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our extensive offerings include medical, dental, and vision coverage; disability and life insurance; paid time off; a 401(k) plan; a pre-tax transportation payment program; and subsidized health club membership.
For consideration, click 'Apply' to please send your cover letter and resume.
SourceMedia complies with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit discrimination because of age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest records, unemployment status or any other protected category.