Scribol, Freelance Sub-Editors
Freelance Sub-Editors Needed for Fast-Growing Start-up
Scribol.com – Bristol (United Kingdom)
Exciting opportunity for talented freelance sub-editors to work with Scribol.com, one of the fastest-growing publishers on the internet. Some writing may also be required from time to time, so strong writing skills are a must.
The role will involve working from home in contact with members of the editorial team. Have a look at our site; a degree of cultural fit is important for the role.
Skills & Experience
- Exceptional sub-editing skills, including thorough fact checking and creative copy-editing
- Excellent writing skills – consumer publication experience preferred – with the ability to accurately put information into one’s own words
- Solid picture sourcing skills, ideally with some knowledge of image editing software
- Ability to cope with deadlines while maintaining a consistently high level of quality
- Ability to liaise with staff and freelancers
- Strong ideas-led approach to content creation
- Knowledge of content management systems and basic HTML
- Adaptability to subjects as diverse as history, human interest, pop culture, lifestyle, crime and science.
- Ideally NCTJ qualified journalist (or with equivalent experience
The People We’re Looking For
At Scribol, we value trailblazers who have great ideas and relish a challenge. We value loyalty and hard work, but we also welcome a sense of humour and people who don’t take themselves too seriously.
- You’re an excellent sub-editor who’s passionate about editing – and potentially writing – engaging content for different audiences on a variety of platforms.
- You’re highly self-motivated, solutions-driven and a stickler for quality. You have a “can-do” attitude.
- You’re productive and work fast, but this is coupled with meticulousness, good editorial sense and commercial nous.
- You have a high degree of personal organisation and are able to plan ahead and manage your time to meet deadlines. You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re passionate about the latest developments in online publishing in general and viral content in particular.
- You’re a fast learner and are open to constructive criticism.
- You work well within a team.
To apply, complete the application form below.
IMPORTANT: When applying, please include:
- Three Scribol.com topic areas that you’ve covered and/or are excited about covering in your editing and writing; take a look at the site
- The maximum number of hours you would be available to work in a given week with Scribol
- If possible, a maximum of three professionally published pieces of content that you’ve written (attached or embedded as links in your cover letter)
Scribol is an online magazine covering an awesome mix of the most bizarre, funny and fascinating news on the planet. Our aim? To entertain and inform readers about offbeat and extraordinary things they’ve never seen before – with content that will surprise and inspire while offering a unique take on what’s going on in the world. In short, we want to make people go “wow!” – and learn something too.
Apply for Scribol, Freelance Sub-Editors
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly