Arab News, Picture Editor
Arab News is putting significant investment into a redesign as part of its international expansion across print and digital products.
The Picture Editor will assist the Creative Director in all areas of running the Picture Desk and making all decisions relating to photography across all platforms.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate should have significant picture desk experience gained in newspapers or magazines.
A visual storyteller able to pull together complex photo assignments, agency research, communication with reporters and photographers around the globe, and liaising with editors with demanding standards. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and social media skills.
As well as an exceptional eye for photography you will need the ability to work in a team environment and develop consensus with colleagues, yet be self-motivated to work the hours necessary to complete assignments that can span many time zones.
A successful candidate will be deadline-oriented, both print and digitally focused and excel at multi-tasking.
You would be involved in a variety of daily and longer project tasks, including creating photo and multimedia packages, building and maintaining special sections, managing social media accounts and picture galleries, working with reporters and editors on enhancing stories for digital and mobile devices, promoting reader participation, and more.
Core duties and responsibilities
- Research and provide the design team with photography of a world class standard.
- Produce and maintain content such as photo galleries, databases and other multimedia and interactive packages.
- Work with editors and reporters to tell narrative, investigative, feature and other enterprise stories on multiple platforms
- Help reporters and editors learn new skills that will contribute to their visual storytelling.
- Work with the Creative Director to develop a content hub database for photography.
- Able to work weekends when required.
Apply by completing the application form below.