Graphics Editor, The Wall Street Journal - NY
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
The Wall Street Journal is seeking a Graphics Editor to join its award-winning visuals team in New York.
The Editor will focus primarily on topics related to Money & Investing with opportunities to also work on stories related to business, technology, U.S. and World news coverage.
The Editor will be responsible for working in teams to drive innovative storytelling with graphics, interactives and newsroom apps that are created for digital and print.
The Editor will collaborate with the broader newsroom to drive more visual and interactive storytelling and maintain high quality work on all platforms.
- Prior experience in a newsroom, with excellent news, storytelling and design judgement.
- Experience with business news and charting.
- Data is essential to our work, so the right candidate will have an interest in data journalism and associated tools, such as Excel, SQL, R and Python.
- Good knowledge of responsive design and best practices for designing stories for mobile devices.
- Good knowledge of layout, typography, color and interaction design.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Able to help reporters and editors learn new skills that will contribute to their visual storytelling.
- The initiative to take on and learn new tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
*LI-JA1-WSJ All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Click 'Apply' now.