The Sun, Digital Consumer Affairs Reporter - 12 Month FTC
The Sun's digital team is growing, and we want the most talented and committed digital journalists to join us.
We are looking for a consumer affairs reporter to write for our rapidly growing website.
Applications are welcome from experts as well as experienced news reporters who want to specialise.
- In-depth knowledge of consumer, personal finance and money saving topics
- Proven ability to cover breaking news stories, write engaging features, while finding agenda-leading exclusives
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to deliver vibrant and clean copy to very tight deadlines
- Have strong contacts in your field and understand the Sun Online audience
- Ability to write brilliant headlines in the famous Sun style and produce sparkling copy at speed.
- Knowledge of social media, SEO and web publishing
- Enthusiasm, imagination and a notebook full of ideas are all essential
- Being a self-starter is key - and you will need to thrive under the pressure of a busy newsroom.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the IPSO Code of Conduct, media law and ethical considerations
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern.
Apply by completing the application form below.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart.
Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week.
They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.