Mirror.co.uk, Sports Video Journalist
Following the success of sport video on the Mirror.co.uk we are looking for an experienced Video Journalist to join the team.
The role is the perfect opportunity for someone who is motivated to both suggest their own content ideas as well as regular work with the award-winning sports team. You must have a good awareness of the sport market (particularly football) and have a passion for digital media.
Typically the sports journalists will work sourcing and editing clips for stories on the site, filming for social media videos and capturing audio for podcasts as well as leading on outreach to sports media organisations/personalities to generate original content.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable speaking up in large groups as well as 'selling their wares'. Being a newsroom there are a variety of daytime and evening shifts encompassed in the role as well as regular weekend work.
- You could be a recent graduate with some great experience and/or be an 'old-hand' at video.
- One of the most important things to us is that you possess a NCTJ or BJTC qualification and have a minimum of a year's experience in sourcing and editing video content for a digital news.
- You must show an understanding of sports rights/restrictions and have a good grasp of media law.
- Demonstrate an ability to write engaging and eye-catching headlines.
- You will understand major editing software
- You must also be comfortable filming and using a camera and experienced in sourcing video content from social media. A strong understanding of UGC discovery and acquisition would be preferable.
- A knowledge of new and emerging platforms would be a bonus.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and After Effects would be a bonus.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
About the company
Trinity Mirror PLC is one of the UK's largest media publishers, with an award-winning digital portfolio comprising more than 50 news titles, ranging from national publications such as Mirror Online and large regionals such as Manchester Evening News to smaller county, city and specialist titles.
We are experiencing phenomenal online growth, and the acquisition of Local World in 2015 has strengthened our presence in the local markets.
With close to 140m monthly unique users across our digital portfolio, we're well on our way to becoming the dominant local player online in the UK, and we're actively pursuing new opportunities for content-led products.
In addition to competitive salaries and contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits.
These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.
Click 'Apply' now.