Deputy Editor, ShortList - Dubai
ShortList is looking for a highly-driven individual to join the team in a Deputy Editor’s role. The ideal candidate is an accomplished section editor that’s ready to take the next step up in their career.
The successful applicant will be able to turnaround fun and interesting copy to tight deadlines. Be able to engage the PR community and create strong bonds that will ultimately result in exclusive opportunities. And most importantly, be a team-player within a small yet talented team.
- Support the Editor-in-Chief in the overall production, execution and management of ShortList’s print, digital and application based products
- Liaising with stakeholders to ensure content reflects needs and requirements of the city.
- Plan, write, commission, edit and proof content
- Work with the editor-in-chief to ensure ALL content reflects ShortList’s overall editorial strategy and meets brand guidelines
- Work with internal and/or external writers, producers, designers, photographers, videographers, illustrators, product managers, etc. to ensure content is live on deadline and on budget.
- Along with the editor-in-chief, ensure ShortList’s editorial standards are met, all relevant copyrights have been cleared, content is optimised for SEO and content meets local and legal guidelines.
- Regularly post and create content, which may include sponsored or offer based content, to social media.
- Work with video team to create successful video content relevant to your product
- Create content that meets individual and team goals (e.g., engagement, traffic, conversion, time-on page, etc.).
- Work with a small, but talented editorial team to populate an editorial calendar. Keep it current, identifying commercial and audience opportunities within it and communicating them to other teams.
- Support the sales team by generating content strategies and establishing good relationships with PRs.
- Have your finger on the pulse of the local scene; use your professional contacts and social-media networks to be the first to identify the next big thing.
- Embrace ShortList’s digital-first philosophy. A strong background in digital publishing is absolutely essential.
- Act as an effective brand ambassador for ShortList and an evangelist for our brand in the market.
- Meet individual weekly content volume targets as agreed with your manager (e.g., new posts, updated posts, new listings, updated listings, etc.).
- Undertake reviews outside of office hours.
- Drive and develop ShortList’s annual event properties
- Assume responsibilities of the editor-in-chief during periods of annual leave.
- Be driven by the prospect of one-day becoming the editor.
- Adhoc projects as required
- Assisting in raising the profile of ShortList and ITP Media Group
- Any other reasonable requests from the company directors
Personal attributes and essential skills
- Demonstrated desire to build great products and a market-leading business
- Clear ability to collaborate across business functions and with external parties.
- Excellent grasp and understanding of SEO best practice.
- Ability to articulate and repackage existing content so it works across print, digital and social
- A demonstrable passion for and excellent knowledge of content creation
- Highest standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise accordingly.
- Experience writing tight briefs for external contributors.
- The ability to write copy in line with highest digital editorial standards.
- The ability to work quickly to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Flexibility and a professional approach at all times.
- The ability to self-supervise in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in and contribute to a fun and dynamic team-based environment.
We are looking for an experienced individual who is fluent in English and educated to degree level or with an equivalent industry qualification. The position is located at ITP Head Office, Dubai Media City.
If you think you have the experience and skill required to fulfil this role, apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Deputy Editor, ShortList - Dubai
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly