Editor, Caterer Middle East - Dubai
This is an exciting opportunity to relocate to Dubai and work with one of the region's largest media companies!
Are you a content creator who is passionate about the Middle East’s burgeoning F&B scene? Could you apply your multimedia journalism skills to this dynamic sector?
Caterer Middle East, the market leading B2B magazine and website for the regional restaurant industry, is seeking a dynamic, intelligent editor to help shape its next phase of development.
This role would suit a features editor, deputy editor or editor looking to develop their career on a fast-paced, market-leading trade magazine.
The editor will be expected to represent the magazine at industry events and also help drive Caterer Middle East’s range of brand extensions, from conferences to awards ceremonies.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate how they have successfully spearheaded their own content projects and taken responsibility for sections of the magazines or newspapers they have previously worked on.
Personal Attributes and Essential Skills:
- The ideal candidate will have a strong news sense, a natural talent for writing for print and web and a sharp eye for subbing.
- Excellent organisational skills are essential, as is the ability to keep a cool head when faced with a schedule of tight deadlines.
- It requires a native English speaker educated to degree-level, with experience of B2B publishing.
- The right person must be confident and sociable, committed to developing an extensive network of contacts in the ever-growing Middle East F&B industry and generating their own content ideas.
- A minimum of five years' experience working in print and digital journalism is required, and candidates with video editing skills will be at a considerable advantage.
- Appropriate journalism qualifications are expected, as is an understanding of the hospitality business.
The role is permanent, full-time and based in the tax-free coastal city of Dubai. Some out-of-hours work is expected.
If you are a professional, outgoing journalist ready to take the next step in your career, then please complete the application form below with your CV and a cover letter, which tells us why you want the role and explains why you’re a great match for what we’re looking for.