Editor, CommsMEA - Dubai
ITP Technology is searching for a resourceful, intelligent and enthusiastic editor to take over its telecommunications magazine, CommsMEA and associated website (commsmea.com).
Over the last 28 years CommsMEA has become a vital industry resource, providing industry analysis and news to telecoms executives, systems integrators and industry suppliers in the Middle East and North Africa. The title regularly interviews telecom CEOs, analysts and vendors to deliver an authoritative view of the industry to its readers.
In recent years the brand embraced a digital first publishing model, pushing content through multiple channels as it continues to build an engaged audience.
As the Editor of CommsMEA, you would be required to manage the monthly magazine, website, social media and video content for the CommsMEA brand.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a web first approach to developing all content for multiple channels
- Publish stories daily on commsmea.com and send out daily news alerts
- Manage and maintain the social media accounts for CommsMEA, which includes project management of the print publication, including flat planning, proofing and page approval, developing and executing front covers and front cover stories
- A range of other editorial tasks, including writing, copy editing and headline writing
- Conduct video interviews and where necessary, edit and publish content on YouTube
- Where appropriate, moderate magazine roundtables
- Work closely with your line manager to conceive new ways of driving traffic
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the online traffic targets and work with your line manager to develop a strategy to achieve those targets
- Interview senior figures in the communication industry from around the region and use this material both online and print
- Work with outsourced and freelance designer partners, photographers and editorial colleagues to improve the presentation of the magazine
- Raise visibility of CommsMEA through your presence at events and one on one interviews
- Work closely with commercial teams (print, online and events) to help the brand achieve revenue targets
- Ensure CommsMEA delivers essential business intelligence to its audience of industry professionals (operators, service providers, equipment suppliers)
- Ensure the accuracy of all facts, figures and names in the magazine and website
- Create content that is valuable to readers and offers commercial opportunities
- Own, manage and lead the brand’s awards and conferences programme
Experience and Qualifications
A minimum of five years’ experience in journalism, and at least 18 months at either a features editor or deputy editor level is essential. Candidates who’ve previously worked on technology magazines or websites will be at a considerable advantage.
The successful applicant will be educated to degree-level in business, English, history or journalism. Additional technology qualifications are also desirable.
Personal Attributes and Essential Skills
- The right candidate for the role must have outstanding editorial, writing and subbing skills and be passionate about creating interesting and engaging content that involves the readers and builds communities around the CommsMEA brand.
- They must have a keen interest in the telecoms industry, possess an enthusiastic attitude and enjoy a challenge
- Advanced organisational and project management skills, sound political judgement and strong political judgement is essential
- As the Editor, you must be used to dealing with challenging deadlines, be a self-starter, hardworking, flexible, creative and have lots of ideas
- A sound understanding of publishing, the ability to filter technical information and concise communication skills is an important requirement
The role is permanent, full-time and based in the tax-free coastal city of Dubai.
To apply, please send in our CV and samples of your work by completing the application form below.