Investment Writer, Pzena Investment Management - NY
Pzena Investment Management is a global investment management firm. Established in 1996, Pzena has employed its classic value investment approach for the last 22 years and manages approximately $40 billion in global equity assets.
Our team of approximately 105 employees is mostly based in our headquarters in New York City, with offices in the UK and Australia. We seek partners, not just employees, at every level in the firm and are looking for an exceptional new team member to grow with us.
As our Investment Writer you will be responsible for creating a wide range of content for institutional and intermediary channels across our range of equity strategies.
Key responsibilities include overseeing and writing copy for our quarterly newsletter, writing strategy commentaries, and other marketing collateral including fact sheets, brochures, one-pagers and the website. You may also contribute to developing marketing collateral and thought leadership that support the firm’s brand building initiatives.
You will be an integral part of the Marketing & Client Service team and will interact with our clients and our investment team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding candidate who has a strong interest in developing engaging and impactful investment communications through a wide range of communication materials for various audiences.
A team orientation is critical, and the successful candidate must be self-motivated and able to drive the idea generation and development process.
You successfully prioritize and drive yourself and others to meet deadlines, through excellent communication skills, and your ability to work with others throughout the company and specifically the investment, sales/client service and compliance teams.
Strong investment knowledge, and preferably in equities for institutional value orientation, and a general understanding of the financial markets is key.
You will have proven investment writing experience and product knowledge and you will be able to generate content across channels, including geographic markets and media formats, print, digital and video.
Previous experience in asset management investment writing/editing is highly preferred, though a background in journalism or in a product specialist role will also be considered.
- Research, organize and write engaging product content including thought leadership, portfolio manager commentaries, research summaries on selected holdings, sales ideas, fact sheets, brochures
- Write Fund commentaries for our intermediaries’ annual/semiannual reports and board members
- Create web content and develop content for social media and video
- Act as a writing and editing resource to the Marketing team, ensuring high quality and accurate materials are being distributed
- Manage and contribute to idea generation, working closely with stakeholders such as investment, and sales/client service teams and ensure alignment on content creation and messaging
- Ensure consistency in the company’s voice, key messages and editorial style across markets, channels and media
- Maintain a deep understanding of investment communications developed by our peers
- Assist in creating/editing the Brand Manual and Style Guide to ensure that all content has a clear message and consistent tone and style, contains no compositional errors, adheres to established standards and upholds the Firm’s brand
- Good understanding of the regulatory environment for product and non-product information in the US and / or global markets
- Bachelor’s degree (Required), preferably in English, Business, Journalism, Communications or Finance
- 10 or more years of writing experience in the financial services industry with a minimum of 5 years of experience as an investment writer, ideally covering equity strategies. Individuals with a background in journalism or with experience working in a product specialist or product management role may be considered
- Proven and exceptional writing skills
- Ability to work at a fast pace with strong attention to detail, highly organized and strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; work well in a team environment, and can influence and collaborate with all levels of the firm
- Creativity—able to recommend new and unique ideas
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint; third-party data sites such as Bloomberg, Morningstar, Capital IQ, S&P Global, social media outlets, and marketing automation tools
- Clear commitment to the company’s culture, values and approach
Click 'Apply' now.
Pzena Investment Management is an equal opportunity employer.