Production Editor, South China Morning Post - Hong Kong
- Ensure the quality of all published articles in print for our main book
- Editing stories, checking facts, rewriting and improving copy and headlines with care and sensitivity
- Ensuring all stories have the appropriate visual elements
- Minimum 3 years experience in news operation, a wire service or a newspaper: no beginner is considered
- Can-do attitude with top notch English subbing skills and zero tolerance for errors in grammar, spelling and content
- Solid news judgment and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Able to tell a story visually and well as in words
- The ability to turn around copy fast when needed and the patience and good humour to work constructively with reporters for whom English is a second language
- Page layout experience and/or knowledge of web page design
- Familiarity with the China and Hong Kong stories and the Asia context of news
Apply by completing the application form below.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy/.
You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.