Risk.net, Editor (London, Hong Kong or New York)
Infopro Digital are one of the world’s leading B2B publishers in professional information and digital services companies, with 2,700 employees and over 50+ brands covering automobile, manufacturing and engineering, retail and e-commerce, insurance and finance, construction and architecture, tourism, and government authorities. An international presence which includes a vibrant culture and offices in London, New York, Hong Kong and Paris.
The last decade has seen dramatic change in risk management at banks and other financial institutions, as well as regulatory upheaval in the derivatives markets through which many risks are transferred. Risk.net covers these topics in more depth than any other publication.
Driven by growing subscription revenue, Risk.net prides itself on its editorial independence and on giving readers information and analysis they cannot get anywhere else – principles that have supported the brand since the launch of Risk magazine 30 years ago.
We are setting up a new, four-strong editing team and looking for two new editors.
The editors will play a pivotal role in turning our journalists’ raw copy into publication-ready stories that meet the highest standards of accuracy, impartiality and clarity. They will be supported by our specialist desk editors who will ensure articles have the right focus and do not contain any factual or logical gaps.
The new editors will also help coach junior reporters by providing, whenever possible, feedback on the stories they’ve edited.
The positions are available in either our London, Hong Kong or New York offices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Editing raw copy.
- Adding/rewriting headlines and crossheads when necessary.
- Doing the final proofread on stories before publication, focusing on grammar, spelling, punctuation and house style.
The preferred candidate will have:
- At least five years of experience as a journalist or editor, preferably covering the financial sector and/or markets for some of that time.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and a knack for explaining complex topics in plain English. An ability to write with flair and, when appropriate, a sense of humour would be a bonus!
- A keen eye for detail and nuances of meaning.
- A willingness to learn about a broad range of financial topics, including regulation, derivatives, risk management and quantitative finance.
- Risk.net has a collegiate approach; journalists and editors collaborate across our five editorial desks and three offices. Standards are high, but so is management support.
In addition to a competitive salary we offer the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave (rising up to 30 days)
- Group personal pension plan
- Life assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan (STL)
- Childcare vouchers
- Private medical insurance
- Income protection
- Employee assistance programme
- Bonusly employee recognition
- Employee discount scheme
- Onsite monthly chair massage
- Eye-care Vouchers
- Vodafone employee advantage scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Flexible working
- Additional life assurance
- Bike to work
- Buying holiday
- Cancer screenings
- Critical illness (+ partner)
- Dental insurance
- Give as you earn
- Add partner to gym membership
- Health cash plan
- Health screening
- Personal accident insurance
- Personal travel insurance
- Will writing
Infopro Digital also runs The Foundation which supports a number of charities. Staff can volunteer to contribute their skills and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the lives of others.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Risk.net, Editor (London, Hong Kong or New York)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly