Manager - Datacap, Dow Jones Newswires - MA
- Workflow coordination of all Data Capture functions related to Dow Jones publications and products
- Accurate and timely assign batch jobs to operators
- Answer questions from staff pertaining to the group's core processes, workflow and responsibilities
- Give written and oral feedback to the staff concerning problem areas, reasons for productivity spillage, kickouts
- Provide training necessary to maintain expected service levels i.e new orders, special projects or system changes affecting the workflow
- Constantly watching the Job Monitor to ensure all transactions process properly through the system
- Interact with other departments such as Remittance Processing (RPS), Marketing and Customer Service
- Act as liaison with the IT and Help Desk departments on problems, maintenance, and/or implementation of new procedures and/or any associated testing/troubleshooting issues.
- Develop/implement and update documentation for the DataCap processes
- Knowledge of the DataCap system and the behind the scenes programs designed to run it. Understand how the various DataCap workstations that support system perform
- Work closely with the Marketing team and be able to discuss new offers & source keys
- Make judgment calls on various Customer Service and Marketing situations
- General knowledge of educational programs. May work with JIE sales reps
- Solid knowledge of all other departments that depend on DataCap, such as RPS and Customer Service
- Run monthly stat reports, through Crystal, to provide feedback to the operators
- Identify areas for improvement that may better meet business requirements
- Advanced PC skills
- Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of business rules, i.e. terms, rates, source keys, address guidelines
- May require Customer Service knowledge
- Solid knowledge of FileNet, OLF and Ciboodle
- Must possess strong written communication skills along with interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Thorough understanding of Dow Jones fulfillment process including some customer service
- Strong oral/written/organizational skills
- Ability to work well in team environment
- Must exercise good judgment and decision-making capabilities
- May be required to support other department functions i.e. RPS, educational projects, corporate projects and Customer Service.
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).