Senior Reporter, Acuris - NY
Main responsibilities include
- Reporting, writing and filing copy on a daily basis.
- Pitch in on special projects such as webinars, podcasts, credit research reports and surveys.
- Coverage of Chapter 9 and relevant Chapter 11 court cases.
- Occasionally assist with developing coverage outside of assigned beats.
- Cultivating and meeting with sources.
- Travel as necessary to municipal market industry events.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of three years covering municipal debt, or entities that issue public debt.
- Drive and desire to break news and move markets.
- Reading, interpreting and/or analyzing financial disclosures of municipal borrowers.
- Understanding of court documents/procedures.
- Candidates with contacts in the municipal bond industry are preferred.
- Candidates with the ability to read, write and speak Spanish are preferred.
- Candidates with experience covering municipal restructurings is a plus.
- Sector expertise (transportation, healthcare, utilities, etc.) is a plus.
Click 'Apply' now.