Newsroom Coordinator, Talent
4 days left
- Full Time
The Wall Street Journal is seeking a journalist to help with newsroom recruiting, hiring and talent development efforts. The Newsroom Coordinator, Talent, will help with external and internal recruitment, personnel management, career development, diversity initiatives and performance management. This person will work closely with the Assistant Managing Editor, Talent, and other senior editors to ensure that the newsroom is diverse, inclusive and welcoming. We are looking for someone who is committed to the Journal and its mission and who can serve as an ambassador for its values.
- Help set and uphold standard processes for recruitment, hiring and compensation planning for our journalists.
- Help build and maintain a strong pipeline of talent, including strong relationships with colleges and universities and a robust internship program.
- Support programs identifying high-potential staffers and ensure career-development activities to maximize retention and the internal promotion of the best candidates.
- Represent the Journal at career fairs, journalism conferences and recruiting events.
- Deep understanding of the brand values and mission of The Wall Street Journal.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to represent the best of the Journal's core attributes at speaking engagements, recruiting events and internal training.
- Critical thinking and diplomatic problem-solving skills.
- Sound organizational abilities and inclination toward action: setting agendas, managing projects, change management.
- Deep understanding of the audience and membership structure, and how to use insight research and analytics to continually refine this understanding.
This position will report to the AME, Talent.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com