Fashion & Beauty Editor - Print & Digital, Grazia ME - Dubai
An exciting opportunity to relocate to Dubai and work with one of the region's largest media companies.
One of the largest media companies in the Middle East, ITP Media Group reaches an audience of more than 34 million people across the region and beyond through its leading websites, portals, social media platforms, events, conferences, award ceremonies, magazines, books and social media influencers agency.
ITP Media Group’s portfolio includes major international and regional brands such as Time Out, Arabian Business, Harper’s Bazaar Arabia, Hello! Middle East, Construction Week, Women’s Health Middle East, Grazia Middle East, Hotelier Middle East, ShortList Dubai, Revolution, The Rake and Condé Nast Traveller Middle East.
Grazia Middle East is in an exciting growth period and is seeking a Fashion & Beauty Editor to join our integrated print and digital team.
The dream candidate is a curious, committed ideas person and a strong, speedy writer and with great eye for a trend who can spin it into a story across print, digital and social media in seconds.
Solid, proven experience in fashion and beauty journalism working across both print and online, while effortlessly moving between commercial and editorial projects with flair is a must.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible, expanding team on one of the world’s leading magazine brands, and a chance to make a real contribution to shaping the fashion and beauty landscape in the Middle East.
You will plan, write and edit engaging, shareable, talking-point fashion and beauty content across print and digital platforms to keep our insatiable audience wanting more, and display the journalistic discipline and rigour which is aspired to and upheld by the team, and be a glowing ambassador of the Grazia brand.
- To be continually one step ahead, overseeing and bringing in fashion and beauty news, exclusives and content that fully represents the Grazia brand, reflect the reader and the region, and are delivered with energy and creativity across print and digital.
- Planning and executing the fashion and beauty pages, taking into account the international catwalk calendar and local events.
- Ensuring all content is relevant to Grazia’s fashion-forward readers and responsive to a fast-paced market.
- Building a network of local and regional contacts to ensure Grazia’s the first to know about the new fashion and beauty developments in the region
- To have a network of local influencers on speed dial.
- Styling fashion, beauty and still life shoots when required.
- Nurturing commercial relationships with key clients.
- Sourcing and managing talented freelance media specialists for shoots, video creation, and features.
- The ability to work with a small team, over long hours if needed, in order to hit deadlines.
- A working knowledge of InDesign is essential. A fair knowledge of basic content management systems (CMS) such as Wordpress and/or Drupal is preferable.
- To work closely with Mondadori HQ in Milan to manage necessary approvals on content from international Grazia titles.
Additional Skills Required:
- Creative, ambitious and passionate, with an impeccable eye and even better grammar.
- Second-to-none knowledge of the Grazia reader and brand with the knack for knowing what she wants to read before she does.
- Ability to think outside the box, blending a creative sensibility with commercial know-how.
- Must thrive under pressure, possess exceptional attention to detail and be team player.
- Sensitive to specific requirements and cultural considerations presented by the region.
The successful candidate will be passionate about the Grazia brand, excited about their role to play in its future. They should have a strong grasp and understanding of media as a whole, having had at least three years’ experience on a title or brand focussed on women’s lifestyle or fashion.
They should be as comfortable working alone as they are in a team, and be able to write about fashion and feminism with equal sophistication. Being proactive, positive, responsible and dedicated are all imperative, as well as being a natural communicator, socially and culturally switched-on, and possessing a great, can-do attitude.
The role is based in Dubai Media City, Dubai and office based, however international travel on may be required and you should be able to travel across the GCC.
Please complete the application form below with a copy of your CV, a cover letter and three writing samples reflecting why you are the ideal candidate for this role.
Apply for Fashion & Beauty Editor - Print & Digital, Grazia ME - Dubai
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly