Graphics Editor - Interaction Design, The Wall Street Journal - NY
4 days left
- Full Time
The Wall Street Journal is seeking an experienced newsroom designer to work closely with reporters, editors and other visual journalists to conceptualize and design new story experiences.
The ideal candidate should excel in creating innovative designs, concepts and user experiences for interactives, graphics, data visualizations, long-form and other storytelling formats.
The ideal candidate should have experience with design that is data-informed and human-centered in order to publish new ideas with impact and advance our work on all platforms.
- Create concepts that bring stories to life through design and new digital approaches
- Collaborate with reporters, editors, visual journalists, product teams and developers to design solutions for projects including breaking news, planned coverage, long-form narratives, and interactives, across multiple platforms with a focus on mobile
- Help create new workflows and processes in a fast-paced and cross-platform newsroom
- Iterate on designs using data to help drive interface decisions
- Expertise with responsive design and best practices for designing stories for mobile devices
- Expertise with layout, typography, color and interaction design
- Fluency in Adobe CS, Sketch or other graphics tools
- Experience working with graphics, video, audio and photography
- Prior experience in a news environment
- Able to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines
- Able to help reporters, editors and other visual journalists learn new skills that will raise the quality and focus on design throughout the newsroom
- The initiative to take on and learn new tasks in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent communication skills
Click 'Apply 'now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com.